The Cost Controller is responsible for planning, organizing and managing all Club Costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To control the Food & Beverage Cost and together with chef engineer the menu in terms of costing.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating / discussing with relevant parties.
- Update and maintain receipts into the systems.
- Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorized persons.
- Continuously study weaknesses in controls implemented at the restaurant and suggest for improvements.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for accuracy.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
- Be in charge of monthly stock count & advise on minimum stock levels. Change in buying price of Store items from time to time & their respective impact on product pricing
- Maintain a daily record of inventory purchased and ensure it balances with accounts payable.
- Ensure proper receiving procedures and that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Prepare daily staff meal cost report.
- Organize and do stock take and monthly stock taking.
- Check invoices against receiving record and compare them with purchase order and purchase request, and to ensure that all invoices are stamped and signed by the authorized person.
- Record the total daily purchase by chart of accounts and accumulate for month end balancing with account payable.
- Check and ensure that all inventories purchased are in balance with account payable on a bi-monthly basis.
- Ensure that purchasing obtain up – to – date and accurate prices by comparing prices against supplier’s quotations.
- Check and review filled requisitions and ensure that goods issued are not more than requested.
- Conduct spot check to ensure that the goods received are as per specifications and the deliveries of goods by suppliers are consistent with the receiving schedule and the storerooms are not overstocked especially during month – end.
- Audit monthly stock and prepare reconciliation on all rooms.
- Post actual stock results in the system and print inventory valuation report.
- Reconcile all inventory accounts based on actual purchases and actual inventory stock take and allocate the expenses to the respective department based on their requisitions.
- Organize the bi-yearly stock –take on all operating equipment of the restaurant and prepare detail loss and breakage quantities and amount.
- Updating the material control system with goods received notes (GRNs), stock transfers etc. and updating sales from POS system at the restaurants.
- Maintain Material Control System.
- Coordinate with group IT division and/or service provider for systems maintenance.
- Guides and directs storekeeper on order schedules, shopping lists and deadlines.
- You will promote team work, team spirit, and friendliness among your fellow work mate and colleagues.
- Ensure that established controls and procedures in respect of the controller’s areas of responsibility are complied with at all times.
- Provide management with timely reviews of operating financial status; researches inventory and cost of food variances and prepares monthly internal cost of product analysis reports using sales and inventory reports from various systems.
- To ensure that there are at all times proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving stores and requisitioning.
- Maintain proper and complete records of the Hotel to ensure that the accounts, records and transactions of the Hotel are accurate and correct at all times.
- Any other task assigned.
Certified Public Accountant Grade II.
At least C minus (Mean Grade) and at least C plus in Mathematics in KCSE.
Minimum age 22 years.
Medical Fitness: Must be declared medically fit by a Club appointed Medical Practitioner
Diploma in Supplies and Stores Management from the KIM, IHRM, ISP or an equivalent will be an added advantage.
Well versed with Computer applications.
At least 2 years’ experience in Cost Control. Must have a certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
Interested candidate who meet the above criteria should submit a detailed CV; copies of relevant certificates / testimonials, national Identity card/passport and Application/ cover letter.
Please forward your application for the above post, to our email email@example.com on or before 30th April, 2023