The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has
a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing sauces and other accompaniments.
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Handling multiple food orders at one time.
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs.
- Check the quality and freshness of ingredient.
- Operate kitchen equipment such as broilers, ovens, grills and fryers
Must be able to communicate in English; writing and speaking, good personality and positive interpersonal skills required. Must have proven knowledge of standard operating procedures of a hotel and Food Handlers Processes & Standards. Should be well versed with computer applications.
Holder of a KCSE Certificate, Certificate in Food Production from Kenya Utalii or equivalent. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
2-years’ experience as a Cook in a 2/3 Star establishment.
Interested candidate who meet the above criteria should submit a detailed CV; copies of relevant certificates / testimonials, national Identity card/passport and Application/ cover letter.
Please forward your application for the above post, to our email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th April, 2023